One of the fastest and easiest deserts to throw together when you have someone coming over. Quick, plus it doesn’t require too many ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 mins. (+ 30 mins. time to chill +10-12 mins. to bake)
Serving: 6 portions
- 150g butter (set some soft butter aside for cake pans)
- 100g sugar
- 150g couverture
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbs flour
- Fill a pot with water and bring to boil
- Put butter, sugar and couverture into a heat-resistant bowl and melt over hot water
- Take off water-bath and thoroughly whisk ingredients when melted
- Sift flour over mixture and whisk again
- Evenly spread a thin layer of butter in cake pans before adding cake mix
- Fill max. to 2/3 to 3/4 of cake pan as the batter will rise when baking
- Set pans in fridge for at least 30mins or over night
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C upper-and-lower-heat or 220°C fan oven for 5-10 mins.
- Set pans in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until top of cake is firm and starts cracking
- Remove from cake pans immediately when ready
Optional: add fresh berries or fruity sauce
Enjoy the holidays with some delicious delights!