It is fall and pumpkins are everywhere you look – lanterns, decoration, cakes, roasts and of course soups. Here is my quick and easy recipe how to make a rich and creamy, flavor induced soup.
Preparation time: 15 mins. (+ 60-90 mins. cooking time)
- 500g or half butternut pumpkin (other pumpkin works as well)
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 leak
- 1/2 parsley root or celery root
- 1 red onion
- 750ml vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Optional: pumpkin seed oil
- pre-heat oven to 200°C upper- and lower-heat or 180°C fan oven
- cut all ingredients and line baking sheet before placing everything on it, spread some oil over pan, add salt and pepper
- place baking sheet in oven for 35-45 minutes depending on heat-system, the veggies should come out with a nice bronzed shine
- bring 500ml of vegetable broth with some parsley, carrots, potatoes and parsnip to simmer and set aside
- when veggies are ready add everything including baking juices to broth, simmer for 15 minutes
- remove parsley before blending soup, season to taste
Have fun preparing this delicious soup!
Tip: You can also buy Mirepoix which consists of carrots, parsnip, leak, celery root and parsley.