The theme could not fit better: Stuffed bell pepper is the perfect serving for a spooky Halloween night and a great way to smuggle some color and veggies onto your kids’ plates, and your own.
Preparation time: 30 mins.
- 40g rice
- 3 bell pepper
- 200 g minced beef
- 80g ground swiss cheese
- 2cm tomato paste
- 1 medium red onion
- 5 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of pasteurized tomatoes
- some fresh thyme
- salt, pepper
- set rice to cook
- wash and cut off top of bell pepper
- cut red onion and grate cheese
- broil onion and add tomato paste, then add ground beef turning the stove on low heat until meat turned greyish
- add tomato sauce and seasoning
- add swiss cheese, rice and more seasoning if necessary
- blend thoroughly and fill
- fill a smaller pot that fits peppers with some tomato sauce so peppers won’t burn before adding stuffed bell pepper
- fill remaining space with excess stuffing and more tomato sauce
- set on stove to cook peppers for approx. 10 minutes.
Happy Halloween everyone!