What is better on a cold autumn night than italian Gnocchi with a sage butter sauce and fresh parmesan cheese? Keeps you warm and makes you happy.
Preparation time: 45 mins.
- 500g potatoes
- rough sea (I use Maldon)
- 1 egg
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 250g flour
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Turn oven to 200°C
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Add rough sea salt to pan, loosely cover bottom and place potatoes on them.
- Put in oven for 30 minutes until they turn wrinkly.
- Scrape out soft potatoe and mix together with flour, parmesan, flour, egg, salt, pepper & nutmeg.
- Devide dough into 3 pieces and work on them some more on a clean and even surface. Sprinkle with flour so dough does not stick to it. Form into a roll and cut into pieces.
- Form gnocchi as you wish. The classical shape is done by rolling the gnocchi over a fork.
- Let dry for 10 minutes before cooking them in salty water for 3 minutes.
- Enjoy with any kind of sauce or just olive oil and parmesan!
Note: Gnocchi freeze well. You can just take them out in portions as you need to.