Fall is already starting to creep back in. Hence, I prepared something to snuggle up with on your sofa on a rainy evening to keep you warm. It combines fabulously with vanilla ice cream, pancakes, greek yoghurt or Kaiserschmarrn (delicious Austrian dish!). Also, you can just enjoy it straight up.
My friend Annika from Vergissmeinnicht invited me to join her event called ‘kulinarisch auf Vorrat’ (engl. culinary stock-up).
Preparation time: 15 min. (exkl. letting pulms sit for 20 min.)
- 3l rum pot
- 1,6kg plums
- 700ml rum (60%)
- 1kg sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- Wash plums and dry gently.
- Cut plums in half and remove stone.
- Mix plums with sugar and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash out rum pot with hot water and let dry.
- Fill rum pot with plums, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean. Cover with rum.
- Seal pot and let sit in a dry and dark space for at least 6 weeks.
Tip: The rum pot is good for 6 to 8 month before it turns bad.
Bottoms up! 😉