It is the season, it is the time! Finally the perfect red, fruity delights are ready to be consumed in endless different ways. From marmalade to smoothies, cake to stewed or just plain – I love cherries. Apart from tasting amazing these Little red delights are also great for your health. They lower blood pressure, they can help you sleep and they can also help you trim as they are very low in calories and the little fiber helps you feeling full longer.
Personally I am not vegan, but as my mum suffers an intolerance to any dairy products from animal and various other ingredients you need for baking I tend to make something she can enjoy too. Hence, the vegan cherrie cake recipe.
- 2 bananas or 4 eggs
- 200 grams oil or 200 grams butter
- 200 grams flour
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 20 cherries (approx.)
- Optional: 3 tbsp cocoa powder or chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven at 180°C / 356°F
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and rather thick in texture.
- For easier handling spread baking paper on a sheet, then pour the dough onto the sheet and spread evenly.
- Place the cherries on top.
- Place the sheet in the oven on medium height. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: If the cake turns too dark but is not fully baked yet, just cover the pan with aluminium foil to keep the cake moist and avoid burning.
Do you love cherries in all its forms too? Let me know you experience with the recipe.