Before going to bed I plan the next day: Checking what the weather will be and which outfit would suit. Also, I plan lunch – but won’t prepare it. I like it better when it is prepared fresh in the morning and not sitting in my fridge all night.
Vermicelli noodles are my favorite type of noodles. They are super easy and fast to cook and best of all – taste great. Though, they tend to be super sticky when drained. I always add a splash of olive oil and stir to avoid the noodles to lump up. You can use about any ingredients you have sitting around at home and you like best. I always play around with different combos. Green Curry paste is great for a spicy flavor.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 4-5 slices of leak
- 1/4 capsicum
- 1/4 zucchini
- 5-8 snow peas
- 1 portobello mushroom
- Optional: 80g prawns
- 1/2 tsp. green curry paste
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop vegetables.
- Pre-heat pan and add leak.
- As soon as leek starts smelling add capsicum. After 1 Minute add zucchini and snow peas. Then add mushrooms a while later.
- Add green curry paste and stir well. Broil for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with soy sauce to pull all the flavor out.
- Turn off the heat and remove pan.
- Add vermicelli and prawns.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: If the vermicelli are still too sticky in the pan add some more olive oil when tossing everything together.