A tortilla wrap is high in carbs but very low in unhealthy fats. Hence, I prefer to use those wraps as pizza base rather than greasy, yeasty pastry. Actually my best friend Laura once made it for me and it has become one of my favorite recipes for a quick dinner treat ever since.
These pizzas are very easy to make. It doesn’t take many ingredients for a fantastic outcome. You can keep it real simple with just tomatoes and mozzarella cheese or go all out with all your favorite toppings. Mostly I just go with tomatoes and mozzarella. It is super easy and takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 tortilla wraps – original or whole wheat
- tomato paste
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- sliced ham/ some anchovy/ topping of your choice
- 1 small mozzarella
Tip: I keep tortilla wraps in the freezer and just get them out before preparing them. They defrost very quickly. This way it is possible to make just one or two pizzas without letting go the rest of the tortillas to waste.
- Pre heat oven at 180° C/ 360° F.
- Cut the tomatoes, olives or other ingredients you would like to use.
- Squeeze some tomato paste onto the wrap and spread evenly with the back of a tablespoon.
- Salt and pepper to taste. You can also grind chili over it.
- Top the pizzas.
- Rip the mozzarella apart and put little chunks on the wraps.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Position iron sheet with pizzas in the middle.
- Bake till cheese turns golden. (10-15 min.)
- Top the finished pizzas with rocket salad before serving.
What are your favorite toppings?