Oh how I love fresh and easy lunch. On Sunday after a gym session I needed to get some lunch in before leaving the house again. Throwing together some fresh veggies and herbs sounded just like the right meal.
As previously posted, I always keep fresh herbs in the freezer. They make any meal more tasteful and delicious. The recipe is fairly easy. And the best part: it takes less than 10 minutes until an actual meal is on your plate. Also, it is up to you what you put in there.
Ingredients I used (serves 2):
- 2 pita bread
- 150g humus
- 1/2 an onion
- 1-2 carrotts depending on size
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1 small capsicum
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 canned corn
- 1 hand full of rocket salad
- herbs, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Optional: add green curry paste instead of herbs
I use a pan that doesn’t need oil or butter to broil. Rather I add the olive oil at the end for flavor, moisture and to make it less sticky. That way it doen’t burn is stays healthy. Read how to prepare the meal below.
- Chop veggies.
- Heat pan.
- Add onions and let glaze over for 1 minute.
- Put pita bread in the toaster to heat up.
- Add carrots, then zucchini and capsicum after a while. Add tomatoes last so they don’t get to dry. Let broil and stir every once in a while for around 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add corn, herbs and spices. Stir well.
- Open the pita bread and spread humus. Add rocket salad and veggies.
- Enjoy your meal!
What is your favorite quick-lunch?